Certificate IV in Massage Therapy - Australia
CRICOS CODE – 090002G
9 MONTHS FULL TIME
This certification is intended for complete massage beginners and represents the position of massage therapists who provide treatments for general health maintenance. First Aid, Reflexology, and Aromatherapy are research units. After successful completion of this degree, students wishing to continue studying will apply for a course credit for the Diploma of Remedial Massage.
Students participating in Massage Therapy Certificate IV are expected to complete at least 80 hours of practical practice in a professionally supervised Student Massage Clinic requiring at least 40 massage treatment sessions, including evaluation of male and female clients from various stages of life with varying presentations.
For the award of such qualifications, 13 units of competence are required, consisting of 10 core units and 3 elective units. Students must have completed 80 job placement hours as well.
- Establish and manage client relationships
- Work with diverse people
- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- Confirm physical health status
- Provide first aid
- Manage the prevention and control of infection
- Develop massage practice
- Assess client massage needs
- Provide massage treatments
- Manage work health and safety
Minimum 18 year of age
IELTS score of 5.5 (Academic) or equivalent
- $6,600 ($2,200 per term) +
- $250 Resource Fee
- $250 Application Fee (One off & non refundable)
- Massage Therapist
- Assistant Massage Therapist
- Massage Therapy Practitioner